Welcome to the blog for The Ideal Day! I’m so happy you decided to stop by. Since this is the very first blog post, I thought you should get to know me better. And what better way to do that than to share 10 fun facts about me!
- My full name is Laura Suzanne Patterson, making my initials LSP. My brother Brian’s initials are BSP and he is two years older than me. When we were kids, we took it upon ourselves to come up with the nicknames Big Sh*t Patterson and Little Sh*t Patterson based on our initials. From the mouth of babes, as they say. (Photo: my mom Maxine, my dad Don, my brother Brian and me circa 1982)
- I did not choose to change my name when I married my husband, Joel. This choice in no way reflects my love and commitment to Joel. He is my everything…..but my name is my name and I like it that way. While I am not bothered when I am referred to as Mrs. Joel Steinberg (accurate), it drives me bonkers when people call me Laura Steinberg. That person does not exist. (Photo credit: DVB Photo)
- I grew up in Savannah, Georgia. People are always a little taken aback by that nugget because I don’t speak with a southern accent. Except when I am more than slightly intoxicated (pretty rare). And except when I am overly tired (after a wedding day, for instance!). And except when I’m around my family, many of whom still live in the southeast (I’m looking at you, Aunt Robin).
- I went to a Math & Science ‘magnet’ high school. I have nothing more to say about that.
- My favorite color is green.
- My hair has been every length you can imagine. From pixie short to all the way down my back. It has also been many different colors. Changing my hair in dramatic ways does not freak me out for some reason. Most recently, after growing my hair out for 2+ years, I randomly walked into a salon on a Thursday afternoon without an appointment. I asked if anyone was available to have a hair cut consultation. I met a lovely lady named Lisa. She told me what she had in mind. I said OK and she went to town. I love the result! She chopped off 6-7 inches, maybe?? It’s shorter, sassier, curlier. Perfect for summer! No regrets!
- When I sit down in a restaurant, I always look over the beer list first. Even in the fanciest spot, I will choose a crisp, hoppy beer over a glass of wine. I prefer to drink local and my favorites are: 3 Floyd’s Zombie Dust, Revolution Brewing Anti-Hero, and Half Acre Daisy Cutter. Yumm.
- If the occasion is right and there is sparkling Rose on the menu, then fun fact #7 gets thrown out the window completely.
- I wear a 6.5 shoe and have very small hands, too. Growing up, my parents always said I had “Finnegan” feet, referencing my paternal grandmother’s maiden name of Finnegan. Many people don’t know I am 1/4 Irish! My mom’s family is of Eastern European descent (Ashkenazi Jewish) and my Catholic father is 1/2 Irish and 1/2 Scottish.
- Speaking of kids……I am always HAPPY to share an anecdote or two or TEN about my own awesome kids, Micah (turning 6 next month) and Tamar, who will be 3 in July. I find them utterly delightful! (Photo credit: Colin Lyons Photography)
In future blog posts, I am so excited to share real wedding recaps, pro tips, and more! I hope you will stop by regularly to see the exciting things happening at The Ideal Day!
And in addition to this blog, I would LOVE to connect with you on social media.
Facebook: The Ideal Day. Real time wedding photos, random thoughts, tips.
Instagram: @TheIdealDayChicago. Daily life behind the scenes, real time wedding photos, professional photos from past clients.
Pinterest: The Ideal Day . Pinned trends I love. Personal projects. All VERY Pinterest-ing!